Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetic Services
Talk to an Expert
about your upcoming project to see how we can help you
Global Integrated Services for Discovery and Development
When you partner with WuXi AppTec for drug discovery and development services, you gain access to an integrated, worldwide network of facilities offering a full range of discovery screening, preclinical development and clinical drug metabolism and pharmacokinetic (DMPK) platforms and services.
With locations in the United States (New Jersey) and China (Shanghai, Suzhou and Nanjing), we can help you navigate every aspect of the drug development process – no matter where you are in the process.
Quality Programs Designed Just for You
We start by understanding your specific needs and challenges, and building a program specifically for you. Whether providing stand-alone or integrated services, our team of DMPK experts collaborate closely with our chemistry, biology and pharmacology groups to support your compound’s design and selection during the discovery stage.
Robust Study Packages
Beyond discovery, WuXi AppTec offers a variety of study packages to support the development of your drug:
- Investigational New Drug (IND)-Enabling
- Definitive Drug-Drug Interaction (DDI)
- Biotransformation and In Vivo Absorption, distribution, Metabolism and Excretion (ADME)
A Seamless, End-to-End Platform
We bring a full complement of services and expertise together with a philosophy of open, transparent communication between teams and specializations, to create a winning combination for the full life cycle of your project.
Compliance at Every Step
To help ensure your success, our work is done in full compliance with international regulatory requirements. Our highly trained, scientific DMPK team members diligently collaborate with toxicology, regulatory bioanalysis and clinical teams to ensure a seamless handoff of data and insights. Our scientific staff members come from accredited organizations, and participate in a rigorous, continuous training program.
At a Glance
- 600+ employees; 300+ with PhD/MS degrees
- Compliant with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), European Medical Agency (EMA), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), National Medical Products Administration (NMPA), U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) and Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) regulations
- Fully accredited by the Association for Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care (AAALAC) and compliant with the Office of Laboratory Animal Welfare (OLAW) Assurance to Conduct Public Health Service (PHS)-funded studies
In vivo Studies per Year
In vitro Studies per Year
IND Programs in One Year
Operations and Compliance
To ensure exceptional quality across our laboratories, the DMPK team operates in accordance with global regulatory guidelines, and is fully accredited by AAALAC (Association for Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care). Our scientific staff members come from accredited organizations and institutions. Staff members are involved in a rigorous and continuous training program to ensure site alignment and to drive forward WuXi AppTec’s reputation for quality and service.
- 600+ Employees
- 300+ Employees with PhDs / MS Degrees
- Fully Accredited with AAALAC
- Compliant with U.S. Food and Drug Administration, (FDA), European Medical Agency (EMA), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), National Medical Products Administration (NMPA), U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) and the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) regulations
- Office of Laboratory Animal Welfare (OLAW) Assurance to Conduct Public Health Service (PHS) funded studies